The planning phase is complete and with 2016 drawing to a close, we will shortly commence our travels for 2017. Since retirement four (4) years ago, we have a routine of embarking on extended RV excursions every two (2) years. Therefore, to maintain the routine, 2017 should have the RV predominantly in storage. While we hope to get at least a few weeks of RV’ing, it will remain in storage, probably until September. Next year will consist of 4 totally separate excursions – California, Ontario, UK and our home Province – British Columbia.
We really enjoy the “snowbird” lifestyle of RV’ing in SoCal or Arizona, but unfortunately our BC residency requirements dictate that with our other travels, we have less than a month. This year we will drive down the coast and visit our timeshare properties in:
- Indio – will check out our preferred RV park
- Anaheim – Disney, San Diego, etc
- Solvang – Danish village & wine tasting
- Windsor – Wine tasting
This is a quick long weekend trip to attend our niece’s wedding.
We are considering a couple of options to get some RV’ing time, probably to the Okanagan. If we have a few weeks in April, before heading out for the summer, we will hitch up the Redwood and head inland. The 2nd option is October, with the Okanagan the most likely destination.
We head over to UK for five (5) months at the end of April and have the following plans & schedule:
- Five days of sightseeing in London
- Southampton for P&O Reunion Lunch
- St Andrews – spending a few weeks with my dad
- East Coast touring
- Week on canal boat around Leicester
- South Coast touring
- West Coast/Wales touring
- Manchester – family visit
- East Anglia – week based in Thetford
- St Andrews
- Yorkshire – week based in Thirsk
- Lake District
- Devon – week based in Newton Abbott
- Cornwall – 5 days based in Cambourne
- Edinburgh – attending final performance of the Military Tattoo
- St. Andrews
- London – Buckingham Palace tour & Keys ceremony at the tower
- Cruise – 12 night cruise to the Baltic & St Petersburgh
If you have any suggestions for sights that shouldn’t be missed, please respond with comments.