We spent the night alongside the passenger terminal in Colombo, taking bunkers and loading stores. At 06:00, when we were due to sail we still had a bunker barge/waste oil barge alongside, so departure was delayed until 09:00.
Photo above is sunrise, from the balcony, with the sun just peeking above the city and cargo sheds.
Wind/Weather: Partly clouds, light winds
Clox: No change Z+5.5
On clearing Colombo, we set course to clear the southern tip of India, then continued into the Indian Ocean to sail a reasonable distance off-shore. Until we clear the high-risk area, I will not be providing the usual details on courses, speeds or distances travelled.
Today’s special meals:
- Aquavit Bar (07:00 to 10:00) – Waffle Bar
- World Cafe (12:00 to 14:00) – Burgers & lobster
- World Cafe (18:00 to 20:30) – Filipino Night
Today’s schedule includes:
- 08:00 Ladies Pamper Party – sign up for the party hosted by the spa in a couple of days
- 09:30 Film – Bewitched by a Dolphin (1986), an amazing film presented by onboard whale & dolphin expert Robin Petch
- 10:00 Baggo
- 11:00 Lecture – One Crescent, Two Crosses and Three Empires. Presented by Col Coutts-Britton
- 12:00 Daily Trivia
- 13:30 Film – Journey in Music by National Symphony Orchestra
- 15:00 Lecture – Photography, using your iPhone, presented by a fellow pax
- 16:00 Dancing – line dancing with Bethan
- 17:15 Trivia Extra – Multimedia Edition
- 21:15 Guest Entertainer – Trumpeter & Vocalist Chuck Curry
We spent the night alongside Colombo taking bunkers and stores. but no shore leave was granted to pax or crew. The planned departure time was 06:00, but at that time, we still had a bunker barge alongside.
Shortly after 09:00 the lines were let go and we departed for Muscat, on this amazing Magical Mystery Cruise to Somewhere.
I watched Robin’s excellent film between L/A and Sydney, so started the day with the Colonel’s lecture.
This was a rather interesting lecture starting with the formation and then splitting of the Roman Empire, then the dissolution of the West portion and changes to the East portion.
Trivia today was extremely challenging, with us scoring a measly 6/15, but the winners only had 8, so not too bad.
Before dinner this evening, we enjoyed the sunset from the balcony.
Just after finishing dinner, I spotted a light coming down the side of the ship. Looking outside, OMG!! the horizon was awash with small fish boats (squid).