While not a professional photographer, it is one of my keen interests and have I used SLR’s for almost 40 years. So you may ask – Canon, Nikon or one of the other brands? Well from day #1 it has always been Canon.
It all started with my trusty Canon A-1, with a suite of lenses, which I continued using until switching to DSLR’s about 2005. I now use multiple DSLR bodies and also a small point & shoot.
- Canon 5D Mk III – Primary body
- Canon 5D Mk II – Secondary body
- Canon Powershot A2000 IS – great little point & shoot
- Canon EF 16 – 35mm f/2.8L II USM – an incredible ultra wide angle lens
- Canon EF 24 – 105mm f/4L IS USM – every day standard zoom lens
- Canon EF 70 – 200m f/2.8L IS II USM – a Canon classic
- Canon Extender EF 2x III – looses 2 stops but excellent on the 70 – 200
- Canon Speedlite EX 580 II – great flash, works well with both bodies
- Manfrotto Classic with Midi Ball Head
- Promaster XC525 Black – carbon fibre
Photo Editing Software:
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 – used it for a couple of years, but only a very small percentage of the available features. Takes lots of disk space and memory, so deleted it.
- Photoshop Elements 11
- Adobe Lightroom 5.7
- Canon Digital Photo Professional
- Adobe Revel for unlimited photograph cloud storage